Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Barefoot Running Clinic!

Last night I had the opportunity to see Michael Sandler and Jessica Lee at a small barefoot running clinic. It was a great experience to hear about someone who overcame so much to go from not being able to walk to now running up to 30 miles a day...barefoot! I learned a lot about how to get started and to transition from my Asics Kayanos to barefoot. It will take a long while, but I know I'll get there! I need to start by alternating between the shoes I have and barefoot running. Then I'll need to get some racing flats or something close to that before I can go completely barefoot. I think this will be good for me, for this running season, because I want to keep up some of my good race times and still learn to barefoot! I think by next season I hope to be completely barefoot. But for now...I'll just do a short barefoot run tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment