Thursday, January 13, 2011

New Year - New Resolution!

It has been quite sometime since I last blogged about my barefoot running adventures. Mostly because I haven't had much to write about. Sorry! But as the title has said...it's a new year and new years are always full of resolutions. I am no exception to this. This year is the year I make my full transition from running shoes to Vibrams and barefoot running! I have been doing a little bit of Vibram running lately. I did a quick stint on the treadmill yesterday after a 3.15 mile run outside in shoes. It really felt awesome! It motivated me to try hard to get switched over.

I also just ordered a pair of Nike Free's. I think I will be trying to run more in those as well. I signed up for a 1/2 marathon in May and I don't think I'll be quite ready for the Vibrams yet, so my goal is the Nike Frees. I've been running in the same pair of Asics since somewhere around June. I know they're worn out in the standard lives of shoes, but I figure (and it could be very fuzzy logic) since I'm aiming to run with shoes that have no cushion (or no shoes at all) that I don't really need to get new shoes. And now that I'll be picking up my Nikes tomorrow, we'll see how those go!

I've noticed at the races I've been doing, more and more people running in Vibrams. This always gets me excited an wanting to get going on the transition. But I'm trying not to get over anxious, because I don't want to injure myself. I know this will take time.

Now I just need to find my book on barefoot running! It has disappeared! If I don't find it soon, I may be forced to purchase another copy. I've got to have my guide book so I do this right!

Here's to a new year of great minimalist and barefoot running!!

2 comments:

  1. New year is full of resolutions indeed. Since you have your Vibrams with you, why don't you try them on the marathon instead of Nike Free. By the way, What book did you have before? I highly recommend reading "The Complete guide of Barefoot Running." It's very informative book and you'll definitely learn a lot from it. Check out the link here for full detail.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, thanks for the link! I am planning on purchasing that book. I'm reading one by Michael Sandler at runbare.com. And I might try the 1/2 with the vibrams, but I'm not sure my feet will be up to it by May. I want to take it pretty slow, but it may be a possibility!

    ReplyDelete