Sunday, January 30, 2011

Nike Free's

I just ran my first race with my Nike Free's today. There is a very noticeable difference compare to even my worn out pair of Asics Kayanos. But they feel great and I'm really happy that for now I have a much lighter shoe until the weather improves and I can get my shoes off and start with the barefoot. I'm hoping by March it will be a lot easier to do that. One thing that I know I'll have to figure out is once I'm running with either Vibrams or barefoot in races, is how to attach my timing chip! The one today was nice with it's own velcro strap. I'm thinking I'll just have to get something similar on my own.

I am so anxious to get moving without shoes on! I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning! I know it will take time, but I'm very excited about the journey! For now I will settle for doing my indoor workouts with my Vibrams and running in the Nike's.

Until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Which version of Nike Free do you have? I have the Nike Free Trainer 7.0.IV and I love it. In fact, I even customized it by adding some vivid colors and a lit of designs just to look like a signature shoes. Check out the photos here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome Mary! I have the Nike Free Run+. They're great because it has the spot for my Garmin Foot Pod that syncs with my Forerunner 405. I'll have to find an ankle strap for it once I go barefoot!

    ReplyDelete