Monday, September 6, 2010

Back to Barefoot

Today I finally got back to a little barefoot running! Chris, Charlotte and I went on a little family run. Chris pushed Charlotte in the jogging stroller and I ran along. It was a tough one at first, since the Half Marathon was just two days ago. I'm still a little sore from that! I ran most of the run with shoes on (just over 2.5 miles). Once we got back to some sidewalks I stopped and took off my shoes. It always feels so great! My feet really do feel free when there's nothing on them. I ran just over 1/2 mile barefoot. Mostly on sidewalks and the road, but there was some cool grass in there too. Oooh the different surfaces are so fun without shoes! I know I still have to take it slow because I can feel my left arch is a little sore already. I'll have to consult my Barefoot Running book to see how to keep that from happening again and make sure my form is right. I'm sure it's just like anything new, there will be sore muscles and achy parts! I'm trying to find a balance between learning barefoot and improving my race times. Each time I run barefoot, it makes me want to do more! Hopefully I can build up to a few miles before winter rolls around. Maybe I'll be able to run in my Vibrams on the treadmill or even outside once the cold weather sets in. But until then....I'm going to keep on trying to Stay Bare!

No comments:

Post a Comment