Wednesday, September 22, 2010

My "Duh" Moment

So it's been a while since I've posted! I haven't been doing too much barefoot running partly because I've been busy training for races and partly because of the last time I ran barefoot! I know I over did it on the mile I ran barefoot. I knew it a little bit when I ran it, it felt like I was getting little blisters on the tips of my toes (which I didn't). But, in the days following is when I felt the real effect. My left arch started to get sore while I was walking around barefoot. It was fine while I was wearing shoes. SO... I limited myself to just walking barefoot for a while. I think my arch has "healed" if you will. So I think Friday will be my next barefoot run. Probably only 1/2 mile or so. Maybe more, but with walking in between. When they say take it slow, it is VERY TRUE!!! This might not be true for everyone (I didn't think I 'd need to take it as slow as I do), but it is for me! So if you're just starting like I am, be careful and listen to your feet! They can feel every little thing you're doing and they talk back.


Until next time....stay bare! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment